Friday, December 27, 2013

The First 6 Weeks

 


Six weeks have whizzed by in the blink of an eye. We found ourselves back in children's hospital this past week and as you can see Henry now has an NG tube. He is taking way more expressed breast milk now.  I have never been more exhausted, lonely, stressed, insanely happy, thankful in my life.
I have been trying very hard to find a new rhythm in our home. Our family has a natural organic type flow to it, but with Henry's needs and many appointments it shakes things up a bit. Not in a bad way but a new way. I am enjoying the long hours rocking babies to sleep.  This simplicity of life and peacefulness of rhythm is a gift that comes with having babies and young children. Taking time when we are home and not at appointments to really soak in the normalcy of motherhood. We have come into a natural
My older children have been such a blessing, it heals my hurting heart to hear my almost 15 year old son sing babies to sleep.  Even though much has changed I feel a strong need to keep my nest, a strong protective fierceness has come over me.  My faith in the Lord is challenged and continues to grow, everyday I wake up to two smiling babies I thank-him for all nine of my children.

1 comment:

Martha A. said...

I am glad things are going well, even with the bumps along the way!