Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Our Plans and then What Happens







     Oh my goodness! There is so much going on around here right now, I must confess that I'm having a hard time keeping track of it all. I bought a brand new dry erase board for the refrigerator hoping it would help us keep our days straight. Every morning with the babies in-between us and the house still quiet Chris and run through our daily plan.
You know how it goes, you have a list of things and ideas you want to accomplish and then life happens. I had grand plans again of being the garden and on my way down to my raised beds I fell in a nice big puddle.  So I hauled the babies, the IV poll, the pump, the stroller and headed back up to the house.  By the time I changed, changed babies finished a phone call with Children's Hospital  the horses we board arrived.  Chris and the kids managed better than me today and got more of the barn took down,
For all of the chaos and wildness and busyness that is going on around me is good. It is full, yes....but it doesn't need to be resisted,  it's beautifully full of family, and passion and life. There are children with hammers creating space for baby chicks. There is work that I truly love doing. There is...each other. And well, in the moments where it's tempting to feel overwhelmed by it all, I am mindfully stopping myself. And remembering that I can instead just soften into the joy, for that's really what all of this is. It changes everything, that shift in thinking. From overwhelm to fullness, from chaos to abundance.   We are lurking on another surgery for Henry after todays talk with Children's, I remind myself that sometimes our baby steps look like they are steps backwards but they are steps towards healing.

No comments: