Monday, October 27, 2014

birthday project

 Soup on the stove - lots more soup. Hats and sweaters with only a rare sighting of bare feet outside these days  unless my spunky little ones are making a dash for a forgotten toy outside .  Fire in the wood stove nearly every night now.  And with these full days - darkening as they are - we find ourselves all tucked into our  beds a little bit earlier.   Last Thursday was my Birthday and probably one of my most memorable. A group of ladies from church and I went out for dinner. I requested no gifts but I challenged them to a random act of kindness. Instead of a gift for me I wanted them to give a gift to our server that night. This was so fun! She got everything from coffee gift cards, socks, mitts, steeped tea, chocolate hedgehogs...   even though my children were not there they were all in on the excitement of it.  This has had our heads spinning in random acts of kindness mode.. We find ourselves asking "what can we do next?" After a pretty rough 2014 we plan to end it with some great ideas.
Generosity is “realizing that all I have belongs to God and using it for His purposes.” 

1 comment:

Carla said...

How fun is that Miranda! I'll get she about fell over.
Blessings on you