Sunday, October 12, 2014

Happy Birthday Rachael

  Dear Baby Girl,
 Happy 7th Birthday!  I can not believe 7 years have went by so quickly. I remember the day you were born so clearly.  I spent the last 24 hours reminiscing  hour by hour what we were doing.
I pray that your life will be filled with great joy wherever the Lord may lead you, and that your intoxicating smile would brighten the lives of all you know. We chose your middle name "joy" because of how much joy the news of you coming brought us.
I pray that you might stay close to your siblings and make true friends who can help you to grow in character. 
That you might be truly happy to be exactly who God made you to be. That you wouldn't be swayed by the wrong people.
That your childhood might be filled with sweet and significant memories.
That you would be woman of strength and courage and that you may bring Him glory.
You are growing up in so many ways, and each day I catch another glimpse of something new that makes me see just how blessed we are to have you in our lives. I am so privileged to love and care for you, and watch you grow. He gave me the tremendous blessing of being your mother.


We call you our rainbow baby because you were born after we lost a child, but you’re also our rainbow baby because God gave you to us as a reminder of His faithfulness.