Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I love you more than stuff


What is this you may ask?
Well this is Zachary's model car paint.
Where was I when this happened ?
About 10 feet away changing a poopy bum.
The child who did this I love more that words could ever say. And I am thankful for the husband that I have that I could go into the bathroom and have a really good cry on the phone to.
Im thankful at the work the Lord is doing in me cause it's just stuff right?




"What does the bad eye refer to in Matthew 20:15? It refers to an eye that cannot see the beauty of grace. It cannot see the brightness of generosity. It cannot see unexpected blessing to others as a precious treasure. It is an eye that is blind to what is truly beautiful and bright and precious and God-like. It is a worldly eye. It sees money and material reward as more to be desired than a beautiful display of free, gracious, God-like generosity." John Piper


1 comment:

Shelly said...

It so hard to keep mindful of when "things" get broken or damaged but you are 100% right .... its just stuff, things ....... we work hard for these things, so they need to have some respect ... but they are just material goods with a basic intrinsic value. No value can be placed on our family members or our friends our children ...... its impossible.