Sunday, April 18, 2010

Resting In Him Alone


The true way to live is to enjoy every moment as it passes,

and surely it is in the everyday things around us

that the beauty of life lies.”

~~Laura Ingalls Wilder

Tonight I crawled in to bed a little earlier than I normally would, I ended up with a headache and Chris looked at me and gave him a hug and said " why don't you go to bed I'll take care of snack and bedtime?" So I scooped up the baby and did just that.
I laid here for over an hour just thinking and praying in my nice warm fluffy blankets as the cool evening breeze blew into my room.

I started to pour my heart out to the Lord, sometimes I can get really discouraged as mother and wife. I fall short in so many areas my children learn far more by what I do, than by what I say. They will become what I model before them. And because I am a sinner I need Jesus to pour His Grace and Mercy over me. We go through our days and weeks with many quick and humble apologies, serving each other, gentle words, teaching kindness, love, understanding, compassion, acceptance, praise but I need the Lord to transform my heart. I lay here with my eyes shut asking him to search the very depths of me, uncover all my sinful motives, intentions and desires.

Yet in this moment of pouring myself out to Him, I feel His embrace and I let him hold me. I whisper "Lord change me, I need more of you less of me" I ask him let my children and my children's children walk in mercy and Truth. Tonight I close my eyes in His loving acceptance of me and I will walk with Him in the week ahead.


Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take My yoke upon you and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

Matthew 12:28-30

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I don't know a more perfect, dedicated, faithful mother than you ..... your children and husband are indeed blessed

Bloggy Mama said...

peace, Miranda. You show God's love and grace so well. Keep it up!