Monday, October 18, 2010

Letting Go

































The foundation of our homes should be Jesus Christ, the husband is the walls - he offers protection, support, and provides stability...the wife is the hearth...she sets the atmosphere. Cold or Warm...I know when I'm not doing well the kids & hubby aren't doing well. I have found for me, that I have to pick my battles and let a lot go for the good of the family.I have to CHOOSE to be joyful, CHOOSE to be quiet, CHOOSE to be kind...and I can only do this with God's power! I often feel a need to refuel in God's Word! Just as our physical bodies need food, so does our spiritual body!! God is so faithful and good to help us, all we have to do is ask!!!


Today while Chris was reading his bible he kept poking his head up telling me things here and there as I was busy around the house. I won't go into detail but he shared something from the book of Acts that was so refreshing to my heart. It was only two little verses that broke down walls I had put up.
He reminded me of the verse. Ephesians 5:25-26 " Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her; 26 that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word"

This was amazing to me, the Holy Spirit spoke to me through my husband. I didn't need to have more patience's I needed to die to my flesh! What had been bothering me for sometime had nothing to do with me, I needed to get out of the way and let the Spirit of God move. I needed to let go! Lay it all down at His feet! I have to be on guard rebuking my fleshly "feelings" and repent before a Father that truly loves me.
The frustration I was feeling felt justified and 'right' yet the more I brought it before Him I saw how it was the enemy fueling me not God.

This revelation is so exciting to me! I have been feeling a strong sense to quiet down and draw near to Him and when I do He answers! But what is even more exciting is His fresh vision and the new wineskin being poured out. I feel a burst of joy to get on my face before God and pray, to serve my husband to bring him good and honor. To train my children to teach them to walk in wisdom. And the only way to do this is to wake up every.morning.and DIE!!!

Oh how I pray I can teach my children this!

One day I am going have to stand before God and give an account for my days. Did I put Him first? did I serve my husband? did I lay down my wants for the souls of my children? Or did I spend all my time worried and concerned about how others were living?
Last night Chris and I spent some time reading Romans 2 together in a few different versions and then we listened to a sermon online. What a freeing amazing joyous thing! Oh how I pray to live and walk with Him. I recently heard someone say "When I think too much about myself, I lose my joy." boy isn't that the truth!!!


Today zipped by so fast before I knew it I was bathing kids and tucking them in. Chris had took today off so he could join us on a homeschool field trip to the pumpkin patch. The kids love it every year, we went on a hay ride out to where some sheep are and fed them corn and then out to the pumpkin patch. Everyone got to pick there pumpkin of choice, the boys typically going for the biggest one they could find. LOL The front steps to our house is all nicely lined with 7 little pumpkins.

1 comment:

JennyBeth said...

Thank you Miranda. I read this post right after trying to teach my littlest one her math lesson. I suspect I taught her a different lesson than I intended. :(