Sunday, January 15, 2012

i want to linger here


Last night I couldn't sleep, I woke up what seemed to be every 40 mins or so. The snow was falling outside, there are no street lights here which makes it very hard to see the snow. At 11 o'clock I went to find a little flash light so I could hold it up against the window and watch the snow fall.
It's beautiful.
This morning we got up and ready for church when as we were heading out the door my 6 year old say he has a sore throat. I cup my hand on his forehead and sure enough he is feverish.
Everyone gets changed out of their Sunday clothes and the healthy ones dress for sledding.
Somethings I'm loving
napping babies
ruffle bum tights
simplicity in our days
Chai lattes with a friend
the way my oldest adores my youngest. and vice versa
baby dimples on rollie pollie legs
reading Seven Silly Eaters many times a day
brothers reading to brothers
lego displays
pop corn
crackling fires
simmering soup
hot chocolate stained faces
midnight cuddles from wee boy
the whistle on my kettle
deep talks about the Lord
Rachael praying in the morning

No comments: