Friday, January 18, 2013

excited

   

Already this year the Holy Spirit has made Himself known.  Everyday I wake up amazed and excited of what is to come.
The word delight rings through my head,

 
            I choose to delight in forgiveness and love deeply.
 I can discover a discipline that lies just beyond what I'm capable of and grab hold of God's strength to bridge the gap. I can recognize the beauty of humility and crave the intimacy with God it unleashes.I can rest though harsh winds blow, I will be held.Goodbye to my remnants, my rationalizations, shards, and tendencies. This is not who I am nor who I was created to be. Goodbye to shallow love, sharp words, self-pity, and suspicious fears.

 In my bible study group we are going through the book of James, it says in James 1:18 we are his prized possession. I have been really letting that sink deep with in.

I keep thinking about how you can't go backwards, I have tasted DEEP satisfaction with God, any cheep imitation just isn't going to do. I have witnessed too much, I have seen miracles, the impossible has happened, living water has filled the dry places and I want MORE. More of him than I have ever have. My flesh fails me daily  but my soul longs for him.


On a different note my amazing husband planned a weekend away for him and I at a resort. We have never been alone together in 15 years over night.   It's exciting to be able to start a new chapter in our life.

No comments: