Wednesday, July 31, 2013

WOMBman

My little midwife in training, this girl can pin down two babies heart beats using a fetoscope!

“History has never been dominated by majorities, but only by dedicated minorities who stand unconditionally on their faith.”

"As Christian mothers, we can march forth boldly into an unknown future, trusting our sovereign, omniscient, loving Father who works all things for our good."

"God says that children are a blessing and a reward, and I want as much of that reward as He will give me! But my motivation is not to store up children like a rich man hoards treasure but rather to raise them to love Christ and to put their hands to the plow for a lifetime of faithful Kingdom work."

"My body is only a temporary home for my spirit, and one day it will wear out, but the children God was pleased to bring into this world through my body will live eternally. I can think of no nobler use for my body than that."


"My husband and I have grown closer through parenting, and it is a precious aspect of the relationship we share together. We are of one heart and one mind, and neither of us feels that our children detract from our relationship; rather our love for one another has deepened as our family circle has expanded. We see raising godly children for the Lord as our most important life’s work, and it is an incredible joy to labor together toward that end."

"Our theology affects our view of risk. The Bible teaches us that God is sovereign over everything, and that I will have the children He has foreordained for me to have since before the foundation of the world. There is no risk; there are only the perfect plans of my God. Many Christians have too low a view of God’s sovereignty. They say they trust God, but then they don’t want to do anything that seems risky. I want to live boldly for Christ and trust the outcomes to my loving, omnipotent, sovereign Heavenly Father. To be truly pro-life is to say that all children are created in the image of God and are, therefore, to be embraced."

My favorite quotes from the book Three Decades o Fertility

No comments: