Thursday, August 8, 2013

Where have the first 7 Days of August Gone?

What a busy seven days of August so far! Some amazing memories made and answered prayers.
It started July 31 with a  text message from my brother in law telling me they were at the hospital and would really love it if I could be there. I really don't know anyone who is going to turn down the opportunity to see a baby enter the world.  My sister labored for 3 days in the hospital after a planned homebirth. Her midwife became concerned after 42+ weeks at the chance of meconium in her water.
I was so honored to see my niece come into the world, it was a beautiful delivery. I even was able to cut her cord. She was born in the early morning hours on Aug 2, she is just the sweetest little thing. Aubrey-Grace weighing 8lbs 5oz at 1:24am August 2 2013
 
 
 That same day Chis left in the middle of the night on a bus 6 hours away to pick up our new van.  Another amazing story of God's provision. We had been praying as a family for over a year that God would bless us with a new van. I knew though that it wouldn't' happen until it was truly needed.  While I was at the hospital with my sister Chris called to tell me he got me a 15 passenger van for our 15th wedding anniversary. Miraculously the money came in for us!
 Sunday I took off with some girl friends on a much needed IKEA road trip, and then it was our 15th wedding anniversary!!!
Chris and I went out for a very nice dinner while my mom came to spend the night with our children.


I wanted to post this quote, I just loved it when I heard it. I thought it applied so well to those who leave their family size in the hands of God. 
 
“Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the human race forward. Maybe they have to be crazy. How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art? Or sit in silence and hear a song that’s never been written? Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels? While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

No comments: