Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking Ahead 2014



 Since Christmas Day I have been held prisoner to my bedroom with two very delicious baby boys. The stomach flu has ripped through our house so to keep the babies safe we have isolated and all the sick ones have been evicted downstairs where they all can use the same bathroom. Let me tell you this past week has been extremely hard. Six children puking all at the same time laundry that isn't getting done fast enough.  I think we are at the tail end now though, nobody has been sick in almost 24 hours just very sleepy. Five days in my bedroom has given me a lot of time to think about this up coming  year.  I never in my dreams thought Children's Hospital would be such a large part of our life.   Chris and I have taken time to give each other pep talks when fear and worry creep in.  Let me tell you when you are holding those precious little gifts all the Sunday School answers go flying out the window.
So things this year I want to focus on..

  • Prayer.. cause really it's all I got.
  • A positive attitude, speak blessing into situations and people.
  • To see the wonder and beauty in everyday even the hard yucky days and write it down.
  • To love more.
  • To smile. 
  • To give.



2013 IN PICTURES

Jan
  • Tubing
  • Skiing
  • Chris and I had our very first night away in 15 years
  • I had my wisdom teeth out


Feb
  • Hannah turns 2
  • Valentines Day party
  • Chris and I go for fondue Valentines Day
Mar
  • We find out we are expecting!
  • Austin turns 14
  • St. Patrick's Day party with homeschool friends
  • Spring walks

April
  • The snow melts and some outside fun starts.
  • Jude turns 4
  • Quad rides
  • Bowling


May
  • Horses come back!
  • Horse back riding
  • Presley turns 8
  • Garden gets started
June
  • Swimming!
  • Natalie turns 10
  • Kayaking
  • Boating
  • Fishing
  •  Swimming in the lake with friends
  • Community BBQ`S
  • Water slides at H2O


                                                                                     July
  • VBS
  • Camping at the cabin
  • Bon fires
  • Sleeping in the tent
  • Find out we are having twins!

                                                                                    August
  • Daily swimming in the back yard
  • Hatching baby chicks
  • Back yard movie night
  • Friends from out of town come
  • Road trip for the day
  • Butchering chickens at a friends
  • Pot lucks
  • Getting fire wood
  • 15 years of marriage
  • Bought a 15 passenger van

                                                                                   Sept
  • Soaking up as much outdoor summer fun as we can.
  • Chris turns 35
  • Chris`s brother gets in major motorcycle accident in Mexico
  • A very good friend threw me the most awesome diaper shower
  • Kelly O's nights with girlfriends

October
  • Rachael turns 6!
  • Learned how to make my own tea from my property
  • Weekly ultrasounds start
  • All you can eat sushi nights with family
  • Swimming at the pool
  • I turn 32.

Nov
  • Count down to babies!
  • Seamus and Henry arrive!
  • Henry had open heart surgery at 6 days old.
  • Met some of the most amazing new friends.
 
Dec
  • Soaking it all in!
  • Zachary turns 13
  • Austin and a friend go see the long awaited Hunger Games
  • Zac and Natalie go see the Hobbit.
  • Henry gets re-admitted to Children's
  • NG tube put in
  • The flu hits

1 comment:

Carla said...

Praying for your beautiful family. You are an inspiration Miranda. Mother of the year award!