Monday, May 19, 2014

Good-Bye Old Barn









I love old rustic things, and when we bought our little homestead the barn was a huge highlight.  It had this awesome loft with a latter the kids would climb up hanging their legs out. Little did we know it was sinking and falling over. We managed to get three years out of it, but this is the summer it is being took down and the wood salvaged to build a goat house/chicken coop. I am super excited about this project, Chris and I drew out the plans and I am pretty much giddy about the whole thing. I love the challenge of spending next to nothing to create something spectacular. 

Our bunny has become so trained he now doesn't need to be in a cage and stays right around the coop grazing with the goat. It's quite a sight.   While the boys were working on the barn the littles and I started in the garden, I heard there was a cougar in the area last night so I was on high alert with my wee ones.

1 comment:

Carla said...

How fun! Keep us posted on the barn : ) So glad you're all home